Quick, easy answers to your GMP questions with your smart speaker. Just add the free Green Mountain Power skill.
So, what can Alexa tell you?
- What is my current balance?
- When was my last payment?
- Where is the closest place to pay my bill?
- What is the customer charge on my bill?
- How do I sign up for auto payments?
- I need help paying my bill.
- How many outages are there?
- Report outage.
- How do I report a downed power line?
- Does my house have power?
- Are any people out in [city, county, or district]?
- When was my last power outage?
- Give me a safety tip.
- How much energy did I use last billing period?
- How many kilowatts have I generated this week?
- What is my average weekly usage?
- Tell me about [EV chargers, EV rebates, heat pumps].
- Explain the Bring Your Own Device program.
Add the Skill
Follow these steps to get the GMP skill on your smart speaker.
- Open the main menu in the Alexa app on your phone or tablet.
- Select “Skills and Games”
- Search for “Green Mountain Power”
- Click on “Settings”, then “Link Account”
- Enter your GMP account username and password
- Enjoy getting Alexa’s answers to your GMP questions!
Two ways to ask GMP
Once you’ve added the skill, here’s how to get the best info from Alexa.
- Say, “Alexa, ask Green Mountain Power” before your question.
- Say, “Alexa, open Green Mountain Power.”
Then ask your questions, for example: “How many outages are there in Bethel?”, “Tell me about the Tesla Powerwall.”, “How much energy did I use in August?”.
This way you just ask Alexa without having to say, “Ask Green Mountain Power,” first.
Don't have a smart speaker? Use the app!
You can get all the convenience of the Green Mountain Power skill just by using the Alexa app on your phone – no smart speaker needed!