We can help connect you with assistance programs, including:
- Income eligible homeowners may qualify for up to $30,000 in grant money to help with overdue mortgage and utility balances. To see if you qualify and to apply online for the Vermont Homeowners Assistance Program (VHAP) go to https://vermonthap.vhfa.org/ or call (833) 221-4208 Mon-Fri, 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
- There’s more than $40 million in grant money for qualified renters to help pay your past due and in some cases, future – utility bills! More info can be found at Vermont Emergency Rental Assistance Program (VERAP) or call (833) 488-3727.
- GMP has a discount for qualified low-income GMP customers, and you can qualify through the Department for Children and Families: https://dcf.vermont.gov/benefits/eap/GMP
- We can also set you up on a no-interest payment plan, to spread your overdue balance over an amount of time that works for you.
Our customer care team is ready to help and can be reached Monday through Friday, 7a.m. to 6 p.m. at (888) 835-4672.
Your local community action agency is a great resource to help with assistance for food, fuel, and more!
BROC Community Action
- Capstone Community Action
- Barre (800) 639-1053
- Bradford (802) 222-5419
- Morrisville (800) 639-8710
- Randolph (800) 846-9506
- Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity (CVOEO) (800) 287-7971
- Addison Community Action
- Chittenden Community Action
- Franklin/Grand Isle Community Action
- Northeast Kingdom Community Action (NEKCA) (802) 334-7316
- Canaan (802) 266-7134
- Island Pond (802) 723-5276
- St. Johnsbury (802) 748-6040
- Southeastern Vermont Community Action (SEVCA) (800) 464-9951
- Brattleboro (802) 254-2795
- Springfield (802) 885-6153
- White River Junction (802) 295-5215
Please call us if you need assistance or have questions! We can help you work through the options, and we’ll continue to advocate for as much support as possible for our customers through relief programs.
You can speak to someone from our customer care team Monday through Friday, 7a.m. to 6 p.m. at (888) 835-4672.