Process for new service cable hookup
Permanent service will be extended to buildings that are permanent in nature, e.g. houses, manufactured homes, garages, barns, and businesses.
Before you need to have your new service hooked up, make sure you have all of the information you need to keep your project on track. The information contained below is also available in the New Service Checklist.
Steps for Green Mountain Power to hookup a permanent structure:
- Call GMP at 1-888-835-4672 or visit the local distribution designer directory for your local GMP Distribution Designer’s contact information to meet with a GMP representative at your site. Make note of the appointment details and contact information.
- Meet with us. GMP will meet with you or your representative at your building site to determine the construction required to serve you. Please bring your completed Customer Information Sheet to the appointment.
- GMP provides cost estimates and specification sheets.
- Customer returns the following service forms:
- Cost Estimate and Payment
- State Electrical Energizing Permit (completed by a Vermont licensed electrician in commercial or rental applications)
Note that the prices quoted in the agreements are subject to change if within three months of receipt. If you have any questions regarding the paperwork, please contact your designated distribution designer.
- Schedule service enclosure inspection. After all of the items listed in step 6 have been returned to GMP and your electrician has completed installing the metering socket, you or your electrician must call the GMP distribution designer to inspect the meter. When all customer requirements have been inspected and executed in accordance with Vermont Electric Service Requirements, your distribution designer will schedule the job with our construction department and provide you with your next contact point.
- GMP pushes your project to scheduling.