How do I safely use my generator?
- Be sure to read and follow the owner’s manual before starting the generator.
- Obey all local, state and national electric and fire codes.
- Never operate a generator inside any structure or near a structure.
- Do not connect your generator directly to your home’s wiring. Use a transfer switch to ensure electricity is not accidentally fed onto a line where line crews must work.
- Do not store fuel indoors or try to refuel a generator while it’s running.
- Keep children and pets away from the generator.