If you’ve fallen behind on your account by more than 60 days, there is help available!
Call us! We can help connect you with assistance programs, including:
- There’s more than $40 million in grant money for qualified renters to help pay your past due and in some cases, future – utility bills! More info here: https://vtutilityhelp.com or call (833) 488-3727.
- GMP has a discount for qualified low-income GMP customers, and you can qualify through the Department for Children and Families: https://dcf.vermont.gov/benefits/eap/GMP
- Free grant money is available through the Vermont Department of Public Service for qualified homeowners, renters, farms and businesses to help with past-due utility balances. Learn more and apply online here: https://publicservice.vermont.gov/content/help-past-due-utility-bills-vermont-department-public-service or call (833) 295-8988.
- We can also set you up on a no-interest payment plan, to spread your overdue balance over an amount of time that works for you.
Your local community action agency is a great resource to help with assistance for food, fuel, and more!
BROC – Community Action in Southwestern Vermont 1-800-717-2762
Capstone Community Action (Central Vermont)
- Barre 1-800-639-1053
- Bradford 1-802-222-5419
- Morrisville 1-800-639-8710
- Randolph 1-800-846-9506
Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity (CVOEO) 1-800-287-7971
- Addison Community Action 1-802-388-2285
- Chittenden Community Action 1-802-863-6248
- Franklin/Grand Isle Community Action 1-802-527-7392
Northeast Kingdom Community Action (NEKCA) 1-802-334-7316
- Canaan 1-802-266-7134
- Island Pond 1-802-723-5276
- St. Johnsbury 1-802-748-6040
Southeastern Vermont Community Action (SEVCA) 1-800-464-9951
- Brattleboro 1-802-254-2795
- Springfield 1-802-885-6153
- White River Junction 1-802-295-5215
Please call us if you need assistance or have questions! We can help you work through the options, and we’ll continue to advocate for as much support as possible for our customers through relief programs. Our customer care team is ready to help and can be reached Monday through Friday, 7a.m. to 7 p.m. at (888) 835-4672.