Using the every day accessibility of text messaging, you can quickly and easily text or email us to report an outage. Then we’ll update you with our estimated restoration time. Using GMP Text Alerts gives you peace of mind knowing that you won’t be caught by surprise.
If you don’t already have an online account, you will need to Create Account.
REG – Resister your mobile phone
STAT – Check the status of an outage
OUT – Report an outage
NICK – Assign a name to identify your account
PAUSE – Temporarily stop receiving text messages from GMP
RESUME – Begin receiving text messages from GMP again
STOP – Cancel text notifications
HELP – Receive help information
For fallen lines or other non-life threatening emergency situations, contact customer service at (888) 835-4672.
During major storm events or other times when there is a high volume of outages, the estimated time of restoration (ETR) may not immediately be available when the outage is reported. When an ETR becomes available, you will automatically receive a text message with that information.It is important to remember that we attempt to estimate the time of restoration to allow you to plan and safely await restoration, but ETR is only an estimate. We may have to update the estimate based on a number of factors, such as evaluation of damage from an onsite crew, changing weather conditions, additional problems that occur or any specialty crews or equipment needed for repairs once the damage is assessed. We do our best to keep you aware of updated information.
- Please try again after a few minutes – your message may have failed because of a period of heavy use.
- If you typed GMPVT into the “to” line, try again with 46788. Not all phones and service providers will accept text as an address.
- If your cell phone service is provided by a carrier outside of the US – e.g. Canada – the GMPVT short code may not work.
- Check with your service provider to confirm that you have a text plan, and that their service is operating.
Yes, you may register as many different phone numbers or email addresses as you’d like to receive alerts from the same account.
- Your cell phone may be registered to receive messages from more than one account.
- You will get additional alerts if there is a change in restoration time or if power has been restored.
Yes, you may register as many different phone numbers and email addresses as you would like to receive alerts from the same account. Please don’t sign up someone to receive alerts from your address without their permission.
Yes. With the account holder’s authorization, you can be registered to receive alerts from someone else’s account.