GMP is committed to restoring your service as quickly and safely as possible. We have a dedicated team who will respond around the clock. The duration of a power outage will vary depending on the cause and the amount of damage.
- Phase 1 – Assess
Trained line workers go into the field to locate and assess safety hazards like downed wires and poles.
- Phase 2 – Repair Damage
Once damage has been assessed and safety measures taken, crews make repairs. Even if you do not see our field crews, rest assured we are working nearby to get your power restored.
- Phase 3 – Restore Power
Once damage is repaired, we begin restoring power to homes and buildings. We appreciate your patience as we work as quickly as possible to turn your lights back on.
To start new service in your name, please call us at (888) 835-4672 and have the following information available:
- The account number, meter number or name the account is currently in at the location you would like to start service at.
- Service location.
- Social Security number or Driver’s License number.
- Federal Tax ID (if business).
- Primary phone number.
- Date you need the service (no same day service, weekends or holidays).
- Mailing address.
*There is a $20.00 charge to start new service.
To learn more about all the ways you can pay your bill, please visit our Pay Bill page.
To create an online account, click on My Account. Click on Sign Up then fill in each field of the registration form. You will need to have your GMP account number which you can find on your energy statement. Once the form is completed, click on Create Account.
If you are having trouble paying your bill, there might be some options.
- Would you like to enroll to create a Payment Arrangement?
- Login or sign up to My Account. If you haven’t registered for My Account yet, you can use the registration form to get started.
- Once you are logged in, scroll down the page to Account Settings – Billing Options.
- Next to Payment Arrangement, click on Enroll.
- Several different payment arrangement options will be presented to you.
- Choose that one that works for you, then click Create Payment Arrangement.
- Perhaps our Budget Billing would help?
- While budget billing will not change your total cost of electricity over the course of the year, it will even out those fluctuations from month to month, allowing you to budget your payment well ahead of the due date
- Sign up for Budget Billing.
- Do you qualify for our Energy Assistance Program
- Have you tried speaking to someone from your local Community Action Agency for assistance?
If you would like to discuss any of these options further, please call us at (888) 835-4672.
We offer multiple ways to report a power outage.
Call (888) 835-4672 to report an outage through our automated phone system or to speak with a customer service representative.
You should have your account number and/or know the name and address on the account.
Click on Outages in the menu at the top of each page on the website.
- Make sure you’re signed up for Outage Text Alerts.
- Text OUT to 46788 (GMPVT) to report an outage.
- We will update you with our estimated restoration time once we’ve assessed the situation, but at any time you can text STAT to 46788 (GMPVT) to check the status of an outage
GMP Mobile App
Report a power outage, view status of your power, and view other outages in the Green Mountain Power service territory in the State of Vermont. The app is free to download and is available for both iOS and Android.
Using the every day accessibility of text messaging, you can quickly and easily text or email us to report an outage. Then we’ll update you with our estimated restoration time. Using GMP Text Alerts gives you peace of mind knowing that you won’t be caught by surprise.
If you don’t already have an online account, you will need to Create Account.
Your GMP energy statement is designed to be easy to read and give you the information you need to understand your usage patterns so you can use energy more efficiently and save money.
Example Energy Statements
Choose the type of energy statement you’d like to view.
*Depending on your generation system set up and billing choices (ie: Individual net metering vs. Group net metering) ‘Your Energy Statement’ may look different than the one provided here. Please don’t hesitate to contact GMP if you have questions or problems understanding your statement.