This is a letter from us stating we’ll be able to turn the lights on in your new spot.
If you are planning new construction or a commercial addition to an existing facility, you will need what is called “An Ability to Serve” letter. This is a statement that we can supply power from our existing (or if necessary, upgraded) infrastructure.
To make the process as straightforward as possible, we created a checklist of items you will need to supply us with in order for us to grant your Ability to Serve letter:
- Name of the project
- 911 address or approximate physical location of the site
- Name of the contact person for the project and his or her contact information
- Type of use for the facility (commercial, office space, residential, etc.)
- Whether it is an expansion or new construction
- Square footage
- Estimated electrical demand in kilowatts for the winter and summer
- Any motors over 10HP that will be in use. We’ll need specifics on starting current, etc.
- Any air conditioning units that will be in use. If it is residential, will it be central air? If it is commercial, AC tonnage or the approximate load in kilowatts. If you would like, you may submit a load data sheet.
- Any special equipment that will be in use
- The site plan, if available
- The physical address where we can mail the letter
You can submit this information by e-mail with a subject line of “Attn: Engineering – Planning” to [email protected] or mail a physical copy to:
Green Mountain Power
Attn: Engineering – Planning
163 Acorn Lane
Colchester, VT 05446
If you have any questions at all about the Ability to Serve letters, give us a call at (888) 835-4672.