GMP’s Fast Charging program aims to more than double the number of level 3 chargers in Vermont by helping to fund 20 new ones. There are 17 now. Fast charging locations can recharge your EV in less than an hour.
Our program provides a big discount for those installing a fast charger, and that incentive can be combined with state grants to expand fast charging.
Pays for Itself
Our program protects GMP customers because it more than pays for itself, plus sends savings back to all customers. How? Two ways – increased charging helps to reduce per-unit costs for all GMP customers, plus the new chargers will be used to help to lower demand on the grid during peak times when power is most expensive.
Who is eligible?
Businesses, communities, organizations – anyone looking to install a level 3 fast charger in an area without one now. We have funding incentives for 20 new locations. The charger must be for public use. You can ”save your spot” for funding now, and the charger must be installed within 12 months. Also – you can combine the GMP incentive with the Vermont state fast charging incentive for bigger savings.
Wondering about the state program? Find out more.
Have questions? Email or call us at (888) 835-4672.
How do I apply?
It is simple. Answer the following questions in an email to us!
Here’s what we need to know:
- Charging station owner.
- Site location and explanation why it fills a gap in the DC fast charging infrastructure.
- Any potential alternative sites.
- Appropriate indications of support from station owner or site host, if that isn’t you.
- Standard service level agreement from the proposed station operator that specifies uptime and similar operational requirements.
- Statement of commitment to work with GMP on how the station can manage charging levels or be controlled to reduce demand during peaks while maintaining service for customers.