How do I report a power outage?
We offer multiple ways to report a power outage.
Call (888) 835-4672 to report an outage through our automated phone system or to speak with a customer service representative.
You should have your account number and/or know the name and address on the account.
Click on Report Outage which is also located in the “Service & Support” drop down menu at the top of each page on the website.
- Make sure you’re signed up for Outage Text Alerts. Log into My Account to manage which account(s) and device(s) are set up for alerts.
- Text OUT to 46788 (GMPVT) to report an outage.
- We will update you with our estimated restoration time once we’ve assessed the situation, but at any time you can text STAT to 46788 (GMPVT) to check the status of an outage
GMP Mobile App
Report a power outage, view status of your power, and view other outages in the Green Mountain Power service territory in the State of Vermont. The app is free to download and is available for both iOS and Android.
- Green Mountain Power on the app store – iTunes – Apple
- Green Mountain Power – Android App on Google Play
You can also report an outage from Facebook. Go to our page at https://www.facebook.com/GreenMountainPower/ or search for “Green Mountain Power”. Look for the orange “Power Out?” box towards the middle of the page and click on “Report Outage.” You will then be directed to our outage center where you can report an outage.